Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2019

Silver Ferns Win Netball World Championships

The silver ferns just recently beat Australia for the Netball World Championships.

It was a very  exciting match as you would expect it to be. The silver ferns were leading 28-25 by half time and then at the end of the 3rd quarter. In the final quarter Australia started to up their game more and scored 3 more points but New Zealand still had enough points to hang on. 

After the game the Silver Ferns captain Casey Kopua had a few words to say.
 ''It's all worth it when you have the belief that nothing can stop you. I am so glad that I came back. It feels so good, I can't believe we've done it. It's not just for us, it's for everyone in New Zealand".

In my opinion I think the Silver Ferns deserved to win because of how much work they put in to get to the finals, but Australia did an excellent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment