Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2018

TOI TOI Once Again!

Plan- Toi Toi
1- Konzay Reading
2- Groups
3- Saying Bye


Yesterday the people from Toi Toi came to our school. They came because Konzay's story got published in the new book, Konzay's story was about his friend Dominic. Konzay talked about how he was a good friend to him and how much he missed him. His story was called "My Friend Dominic"

First when they arrived they introduced themselves, then straight after that Konzay got up and read his story to room 10 and 9. It was really nice to hear what he had to say about Dominic. The best part about his reading was talking about how Dominic liked reading his bible and how he would never give up and how he would tell others no matter how imperfect they were that they could do it, and to be honest that is what good friends do. After he read his story they awarded him with the book for himself. Later on  we split into our groups and went to either room 9 10 or stayed in 11.

I was in a group with Fabian, Reality, Uinita, Sonny, Jamayne and I forgot our leaders name but she was a woman. She was really nice and let us all pick our story by flicking through and whatever we stopped at we would read it. I read Blue Wings I think that's what it's called. My story was talking about blue things like the sea, and the sky. Everyone in my group tried their best to solve out the words and if they got it wrong someone in  our group would help them say it properly.

After like 25 minutes it was time to finish up. We read one last story and just got to fit in a little game. The game was kind of like pictionary but we didn't have to guess it. It was really fun reading with the Toi Toi people and I would like them to come back.

After reading with them I felt happy and focused to read more stories. It was really good how they encouraged us to sound out the words we needed to work on. My message for you all is to keep up your reading and don't give up if you fail the first time.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Agueer, really enjoyed you're recount. You are getting better and better with you're writing. You are basically better than me. Love the message! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Agueer I like your title that you added. I like how you just got straight onto the story. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete